Thursday, February 3, 2011

Delivery Bicycle: Hong Kong

It is not much longer now, and I will be in Hong Kong.  I have been preparing a bit here and there every day.  I was looking through the photos I took the last time I was there in 2005, and came across this one.  I did not purposely make the bicycle the focus of the picture.  I was not a cyclist then.  I think this is in Wan Chai, though it could be any of the areas along the Victoria Harbour on Hong Kong Island.  This man must be on one of the delivery bicycles that the Hong Kong Vintage Cycling Club talks about in a video about their group.  I know that Fuji (this picture link is from Vintage Japanese Bicycles)made some beautiful bicycles in the same vein as these types.  I'm hoping I come across one while I'm there.  I at least want to find a vintage fuji bell to use on my Dahon while I'm there.

3 comments:

Lim Soo 林蘇 said...

Yeah this is Wah Chai. There are lots of delivery bicycles in this area, sure you will come across others when you are in HK. You want to get a vintage fuji bell in HK? Japan? Hope you can get one!

Lester Dizon said...

Hi! I'm Lester Dizon from the Philippines. I recently acquired a 1961 Fuji Youth rod brake roadster that's relatively complete and that came with Japanese stickers that date it back to March 31, 1961. I found a vintage Fuji bell for it as well as a Diamond twin bulb headlamp. I'd like to post a picture of my Fuji in this blog. How do you go about it? Thanks...

Matteo said...

Lester,

You can email the photo to me (jpg) at favero.matteo@gmail.com

Then I will post it. Please also include anything else you would like me to say about it (like how you acquired it, etc... , and even something about yourself if you like.