Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fuji Friends

Matteo/Lazaro

Meet my new friend Lazaro.  We met when I bought the Royale II from him about 2 weeks ago.  He has been riding a Supreme.  He painted it black.  It looks okay, but the original paint was fine, and the fuji logos were all good too.  I think he regrets doing that after seeing this blog.  But it is not what is on the outside that counts, it is what is on the inside, and underneath the black paint remains a quality vintage fuji.  Both of these bikes used to be his father-in-laws, but as I've said before they are getting new life in our hands.  I've been helping with some mechanical issues on his bike.  We've put a different crank on, a different chain, trued the wheels a bit.  It would be nice to rebuild the wheels with new spokes, and I want to redo his brake set up if he'll let me, get them higher up on the bars.  We took them around the block for a fast test spin, and hopefully we'll get out on a nice long road ride soon.  

No comments: