Friday, May 21, 2010

My new favorite ride





I just returned from a ride, with my two and a half year old in tow, to the Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Museum here in Charlottesville, VA.  This is one of my favorite places to go here in Cville, and I didn't think it was possible to do on the bike, but it is!  I made my way to the Rivanna Trail, which is paved from Riverside Park.  I rode that until it spit me out at a very busy intersection of High St. and the 250 bypass toward Pantops.  I rode a short distance on the wide sidewalk over the river up to the  Shell station, then carefully rode around that parking lot, and through the shopping center to South Pantops Drive.  I took this straight to the backyard of the museum.  There is a dark wooden fence that goes along the border of the property by the road, but it ends near the entrance to the UVA Credit Union, where we walked through the grass right up to the museum.  We had a very nice time looking at the exhibit and watching a 'Dreaming' cartoon that was looping on their television set.  They always have some neat show about Australia to view.  I bought a journal and a new cycling wallet for myself, and a children's book for Haley Mae.  We had snacks at one of the backyard tables before heading home for lunch and nap.  It was a very special time in that it possibly could be our last visit to that museum.  We move to Pennsylvania at the end of July.  

No comments: