Friday, November 6, 2009

Rail Trails are Great!

In the middle of last October I was in Maryland, which is a beautiful state for cycling.  I don't just mean scenic.  I also mean attitude.  The state seems to care about cyclists, and it shows.  They have many rail trails, two of which my daughter and I rode (her in the trailer).  One is the Cross Island Trail, and the other is the Western Maryland Trail.   I'm going to be a bit lazy, and ask you to click on the previous links for more info about each of them.  They are both excellent trails that serve their purpose of taking us a bit closer to nature, and getting us out of the rat race of life.  There are other trails I hope to ride later, one being the Annapolis/Baltimore Trail, and eventually I hope to explore the roads of Maryland as well.  

No comments: