Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stained Glass Bicycle Wheel #2


Last summer I took my Nono (Grandfather) another wheel.  It is a coveted 40 hole Ukai touring rim from the 80's.  I really wanted to be able to keep using it on my bicycle, but the sidewalls are pretty worn, and it really needed to be replaced.  Again, like the other gold Ukai, I didn't want to just trash it.

I didn't specify any design this time.  My Nono designed this one himself.  I really like how he did the solder circles, and I like the colors and shapes he made with the glass.

The other one is hanging in the kitchen window, and I'm not sure where to put this one yet.  I can interchange them, but I really want to have them both displayed at the same time.  Maybe I'll be able to come up with some kind of stand or mount for it.

Now that I have two stained glass bicycle wheels, I suppose I'll have to make a stained glass bicycle frame to go with it!

No comments: