Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Healthy Hubs



I recently went to rebuild the wheels on my Fuji Royale II, and I discovered a bent rear axle.  The rim was also a bit warped.  I ended up rebuilding them with a set of Superbe hubs I have had for over 2 years now, maybe 3, and a beautiful new Ukai gold rim I luckily found on ebay for a good price.  These hubs were top of the line of their day, and are super smooth.  With the bike in the repair stand, I would spin the wheels after lacing them up with these Superbe hubs, and it seems they would roll forever.  They just keep going and going.  They are fast too.  That difference translates to the road, and in turn to energy output.  Do not underestimate how important it is to have your hubs running in top order.  It makes your job of pedaling the bike easier, and in turn gives you a more enjoyable riding experience.  

1 comment:

thomas said...

If it's a 10mm rear axle, then it's great for straightening bent derailleur hangers.